All recipes featured serve 1-2 people (unless otherwise specified) and the measurements given are approximate.
The reasons being:
- I approach cooking as an art, not exact science. Most recipes posted here are a result of experiments in my kitchen. When I cook, I cook instinctively. I usually thrown in a handful of this, a pinch of that… I only ever weigh or measure if I am cooking for a crowd or need to calculate calories.
- I usually cook for one person with a goal of no leftovers to reduce wastage. Also, my meals are usually the one-pot variety sans accompaniments. You can adjust/increase/decrease according to the number of people you are cooking for, menu and other considerations.
- The recipes features here are mere guidelines and indicative of the process to achieve end result. You can experiment and substitute ingredients depending on your requirement, budget and availability.
- Butterball cooking app responds to voice commands, keeps screens clean (reviews.cnet.com)
- Tipping the Scales: How I Am Training Myself to Use a Kitchen Scale (thekitchn.com)
- The Cooking Dilemma (zenfulliving2.wordpress.com)