Sweet Potato Wedges, The Stove Top Way
Say hello to one of my most successful, dead simple and guilt-free indulgences which never fails to impress, can be enjoyed as a one pot meal if you are looking for comfort food or can be served to a crowd along with drinks and other snacks.
Sweet potato is a nutrition dense vegetable rich in complex carbohydrates with high fibre content and a whole host of other health benefits.
This recipe is nothing more than sweet potato, a bit of olive oil and seasoning of your choice, all cooked on a stove for a yummy potato wedge experience.
crispy on the outside and meltingly soft inside
A note on the seasoning. In the photograph above, I have used Schwartz Garlic Pepper. Variations I have tried in the past include freshly grounded black peppercorns and paprika. Both work equally well. You can even skip the seasoning if you fancy plain salted.
250 Grams sweet potato
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1-2 Teaspoons seasoning of your choice
Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the sweet potato into wedges. Make sure that they are all the same size so that they cook evenly. I prefer mine with the skin on but you can peel them if you wish.
- Combine the wedges with olive oil, seasoning and salt to taste. You can do this ahead of time if you prefer.
- Heat a frying pan on the highest temperature.
- Once the pan is hot, add the wedges along with all of the marinade (oil, salt and seasoning).
- Stir around for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next, lower the heat to minimum, cover and cook the sweet potato for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Uncover and check for doneness.
- Cook the wedges for 10 more minutes without the lid.
- Enjoy hot or at room temperature with some ketchup or hot sauce.