How to Cook Slime-free Okra
I have been meaning to post this very quick tip on slime-free method of cooking okra for quite some time now.
This is a tip I have picked up from my mum and each time I cook okra this way, they are minus the associated slime or stickiness.
In all honestly, I have never researched how to cook stickiness-free okra on the internet since the following has always worked; if it is not new, my apologies.
All you have to do is:
- Have your unwashed okra in front of you.
- Take a very clean kitchen towel (cloth, not paper).
- Dampen the towel, squeezing out any excess moisture. You should end up with a piece of cloth which feels a little damp, no more.
- Wipe one okra at a time, placing it on a separate plate or in a separate bowl.
- You will end up with cleaned okra which will not turn slimy or sticky upon cooking.