Healthy Maggi Noodles with Vegetables 4
As mentioned in my previous Maggi post, here’s the last batch of noodles I needed to go through.
a really delicious, moreish and healthy (!) way of enjoying Maggi noodles
I have tried to Oriental-ise the ever-so-popular noodles by including baby corn, broccoli and tofu. Add a few drops of soy sauce when eating and you will find yourself with the yummiest, most comforting bowl of steaming noodles with vegetables which will taste nothing like the Maggi you are used to.
Without much ado, let’s get cooking.
Oh, and now, I am on that Maggi moratorium!
2 Cakes Maggi noodles
2 Sachets tastemaker (which comes with the noodles)
1.5 Cups water
3-4 Fresh green chilli
1 Red pepper
6-8 Baby corn
150 Grams broccoli
1 Small bunch spring onion
10-12 Basil leaves
100 Grams tofu
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
Salt to taste
Soy sauce to serve
- Peel, wash and chop the onion.
- Wash and slice the green chill across its length and then slice each half. So, you end up with 4 long slices from each chilli.
- Wash and chop the broccoli.
- Wash, de-core, de-seed and slice the red pepper.
- Wash and slice each baby corn into 4 along its length (like the chilli).
- Separate the green part from the white bulb of each spring onion.
- In this recipe, we are only using the white bulb so you can keep the green part for some other use. Take each spring onion bulb and slice it in 4 like the baby corn and chilli.
- Wash, dry and tear the basil leaves.
- Cut the tofu into bite size pieces.
- Heat the oil in a wok like pan.
- Once the oil is hot, lower the heat and add the chopped onion and sliced chilli.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced red pepper and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Next, add the baby corn and broccoli. Stir well, cover and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Uncover and add the water and tastemaker spice mix.
- Once the water starts boiling, add the noodles and push them down gently into the water and vegetable mix. You may prefer to do this with a fork so as not to break the noodles.
- Once the noodles are thoroughly mixed with the rest of the ingredients, cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Uncover, add the basil and tofu and, once again, mix gently.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and let the noodles sit for a few minutes before serving.