Healthy Maggi Noodles with Vegetables 2
I don’t usually stock Maggi noodles but have “accidentally” landed up with a large pack so decided to have them for dinner last night.
like my previous Maggi recipe, this one is also packed with vegetables to ensure a balanced one-pot meal
I don’t eat enough mushrooms so decided to experiment with them in this recipe. They make a good fit. Also added some nutrient rich, fresh, basil which provides a pleasant twist.
Are you a Maggi fan? If so, how do you make yours?
2 Cakes Maggi noodles
2 Tastemaker sachets (come with the noodles)
1 Large onion
8-10 Cherry tomato
1 Green pepper
200 Grams button mushrooms
2-3 Green chilli
A handful of fresh basil leaves
1-2 Tablespoons grated cheese (I used Cheddar)
1 Teaspoon chilli sauce
1-2 Teaspoons olive oil
Salt to taste
- Peel, wash and finely chop the onion.
- Wash and slice the green chilli.
- Wash and finely chop the green pepper (I kept the core and the seeds).
- Wash and split the cherry tomato in half.
- Wash and coarsely grate the carrot.
- Wipe/wash the mushrooms and, depending on their size, quarter or halve them.
- Wash and shred the basil leaves.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
- Once it is hot, lower the heat and add the chopped onion, chilli and green pepper.
- Add salt to taste, mix well, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the cherry tomato and again cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Lastly, add the mushrooms and basil. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and add about 2 cups of water.
- Increase the heat and once the water comes to a rolling boil, add the tastemaker, chilli sauce and cheese.
- Finally, add the noodle cakes and carrots. Make sure that the cakes are not sitting on top of each other. Gently loosen them with a fork and mix well.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy hot.