Avocado & Chickpea Spread
a union of of guacamole and hummus
This is a really easy, quick and delicious recipe which can be used as a sandwich filler, in a wrap, on crackers or toast.
Bread is an occasional indulgence for me. For last night’s dinner, I had spread this on some crusty roll which I also filled with shredded iceberg and sliced onion doused in Tabasco Chipotle. Heavenly!
The chickpea were soaked and boiled but use canned if available for an instant, wholesome spread.
1 Medium, ripe, avocado
1/2 Cup boiled chickpea
1 Head of garlic
Juice of half a lime or lemon
1 Tablespoon tahini
Salt to taste
- Coarsely mash the chickpea with the back of a large spoon. Don’t worry if all of them don’t break down, you can leave a few whole for texture.
- Peel and grate the garlic.
- In a bowl, add the mashed chickpea, grated garlic, juice of lime or lemon and tahini. Mix well.
- Now wash and peel the avocado.
- Finely cut the avocado and add it to the chickpea mixture.
- Break the chopped avocado with the back of the spoon while combining it with chickpea and other ingredients. Once again, if a few pieces remain whole, not a big deal.
- Add salt to taste.
- Have immediately or if you plan to eat it later, keep refrigerated.
- I have posted a recipe for homemade tahini here.