This one is very simple to prepare and tastes absolutely heavenly thanks to the generosity of ginger.
For additional flavour, I added a beef stock cube; you can use one of your choice.
1 Cup washed and chopped broccoli
1 Cup washed and chopped mushrooms
1 Cup washed and chopped baby corn
1/2 Cup bean curd, cubed
Fresh ginger root the size of your thumb twice over
2 to 3 cups water
Salt to taste
- Wash and finely grate the ginger. Keep any juices which come out.
- Pour the water in a soup pot along with grated ginger, its juice and the stock cube.
- Bring to boil, add the baby corn, cover, lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Next, add the bean curd, broccoli and mushrooms along with a pinch of salt.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes till vegetables are tender.
- Serve piping hot.
- I didn’t peel the ginger but you can do so if you prefer.
- You can add some finely chopped spring onion on top if you like.
I chopped the bean curd and vegetables same size in order for them to cook evenly.
- Two Great Soup Recipes For Weight Loss (weightlossfasttips.com)