The beauty of today’s soup recipe is that it is creamy and filling without the addition of any cream or butter.
A soul satisfying, ruby red soup to keep you warm on a cold winter’s day.
sometimes, simple is more than ample, no?!
I had it with sweet potato croutons. A match made in heaven!
One cup of water plus more if required
Freshly pounded black peppercorn
Salt to taste
- Wash and chop the beetroot, carrot and tomato.
- Boil them in one cup of water. I boiled my vegetables in a pressure cooker; you can cook them in a pan if you prefer.
- Once cooked and completely cooled, put them in a blender to get a smooth puree.
- Transfer to a soup pot (or equivalent) along with the cooking liquid. Add more water if necessary. Add black pepper powdered and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with some croutons.
- To preserve as many nutrients as possible, I don’t peel carrots or beetroot. In terms of taste, there is no difference. You can peel your vegetables if you like.
You will find my recipe for sweet potato crouton here.
Vegetables waiting to be cooked.
A puree of beetroot, carrot and tomato for the soup.
- Look what’s in my bag! (loiselden.com)
- And The Beet Goes On … (urbangardenguerilla.com)
- 5 Foods I Buy and Eat Every Week (1) (salmonsandleggings.wordpress.com)