This chutney is very easy and quick to make, requires no cooking and is versatile. Enjoy it with idli, dosa, uttapam, dhokla, muthiya, as a sandwich spread or consider it an Asian pesto and stir it in oriental style noodle recipe.
will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days
One bunch fresh coriander
Half cup fresh coconut, grated
2-3 Green chillies
Small piece of fresh ginger
Salt to taste
- Prep the coriander. Remove any woody bits. Retain the stalk if fresh. Wash.
- Peel, wash and chop the ginger.
- Put all the ingredients in a mixer, add a little bit of water and grind till you get a smooth, chutney-like consistency.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Chutneys – Your Perennial Breakfast Companion (healthycereal.wordpress.com)