I must start today’s blog by apologising for the photo. I was in a bit of a hurry and took three photos and this is the best one of the lot!
The recipe for this healthy coleslaw is purely from my imagination based on my need for a low fat version.
and it tastes much better than it looks 🙂
So let’s get cracking with this good-for-you slaw.
1 Cup shredded cabbage
2 Carrots, grated
4 Onions, finely sliced
2-3 Tablespoons raisins
1 Cup low fat, mild yoghurt
1 Teaspoon coarsely powdered peppercorns
1 Tablespoon diet mayonnaise (optional)
1 Tablespoon coarse grain mustard
Salt to tase
- To make the dressing, combine together the yoghurt, peppercorns, mayonnaise (if using), mustard and salt.
- Put the cabbage, carrots, onions and raisin in a bowl.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
- Chill before serving.
- Tips For Eating Healthy On Thanksgiving (y98.cbslocal.com)
- Low-fat Buttermilk Ranch Dressing (foodsrecipefun.wordpress.com)