I don’t know about you, dear Blog reader, but I love a bit of hot sauce with some foods. So today, I would like to share with you my very quick, no-cooking recipe for a spicy condiment.
- Use it as a sandwich spread or on pasta.
- Also goes well with noodles, dumplings and momos.
- Mix with some yoghurt and serve as a dip with crudites.
1 red pepper (red capsicum)
1 pod of garlic
5-6 dry red chillies, broken (you can adjust the quantity according to personal preference and how hot the chillies are)
Salt to taste
- Wash, halve, remove seeds and coarsely chop the red pepper.
- Remove skin from the cloves of garlic.
- Put all the ingredients in a mixer or a blender.
- Blend till you get a smooth puree-like consistency.
- Transfer to a screw-top glass jar.
will keep in the refrigerator for several days
- Delicious momos with red hot chutney (easternspices.wordpress.com)