If you are anything like me, at times, you will forget the whole “soak the beans overnight” part of a recipe.
In such situations, I find the following helpful.
- Wash the beans in a saucepan.
- Add water (ratio of 1 part beans, 3 parts water) and put on a burner.
- Bring the water to boil rapidly and turn off the burner.
- Cover and keep in a dark place for four hours.
- By now, the beans should be nicely plump and swollen.
- Cook according to your recipe’s instructions.
You are invited to share your tips and tricks on how to speed up the pre-soak process for dried beans.
Hope this helps!
- Beans beans, they’re good for your heart, the more you eat the more you… (nana0banana.wordpress.com)
- Soupalooza: Don’t be scared off by cooking with dried beans (dailyherald.com)
- I’m dumb. How many cups of beans? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Beans to Help Lose Weight! (800medigap.com)
- Looking for a delicious, fast dinner? Consider the humble bean (being808.com)